The best foundation to keep your teeth and gums healthy and help prevent the dental problems associated with pregnancy is to:
- Brush your teeth with the right technique twice a day
- Clean the spaces in between your teeth with interdental brushes
IMPORTANT: We know as an expectant mum you can feel pretty tired in the evening. It can be tempting to skip parts of your oral health routine at night but please remember – staying consistent is even more important during pregnancy.
BRUSHING YOUR TEETH
It’s something your do every day, but because gums are soft and even more sensitive during pregnancy, it’s important to clean them gently.
That’s why our iconic Curaprox CS 5460 toothbrush features 5,460 ultra-fine, gentle CUREN® filaments, densely-packed in a compact brush head.
Recommended by dental professionals, our toothbrush gives you gentle but exceptional power to clean the teeth and the gumline without causing any injury.
- The compact brush head finds all the hard-to-reach-spots
- The octagonal handle guides you to clean your teeth at the correct angle
- It’s effective at removing plaque and preventing enamel damage
- Ultra gentle on your teeth and gums
- It looks beautiful and is now available in 36 colour combinations – and further limited and special editions.
How to brush your teeth with the CS 5460
- Tilt the brush at a 45 degree angle – half on the tooth, half on the gums.
- Move in small, gentle circles – almost without any pressure.
The best toothpaste for during pregnancy
We recommend using the CS 5460 with gentle, mild and effective CURAPROX Enzycal toothpastes with fluoride.
As you know by now, you’re more susceptible to tooth decay during pregnancy.
Sodium fluoride strengthens your tooth enamel and, after brushing, makes it resistant to acid attacks. It also remineralises the enamel, including areas that have come under attack and minimises the growth of the harmful bacteria that can lead to tooth decay.
- Have a mild, fresh taste
- Fight tooth decay
- Are gentle on the oral mucosa – the tissue that lines the mouth
- Only use ingredients that work naturally with your body, such as enzymes to boost the protective power of your saliva and your natural immune system
- Eliminate nasty ingredients such as SLS, Triclosan and plastic microbeads
Using CURAPROX CPS prime interdental brushes – as well as brushing with the best toothbrush and toothpaste – helps you to deal with or prevent gingivitis and therefore the further risk of periodontitis.
Toothbrushes can’t get into the tiny spaces between the teeth, which – without interdental cleaning – are the perfect breeding ground for plaque to hide and grow and infect your gums.
CURAPROX CPS prime interdental brushes give you exceptional cleanliness in those difficult-to-reach narrow spaces thanks to super-fine, extra-long, ultra-resilient filaments. This is gentle and effective cleaning with a single-brush action. Once a day.
Our innovative interdental brush refill system also helps to reduce plastic waste.
How to use interdental brushes
The interdental space is the small gap between your teeth, closest to the gumline.
Every evening before or after brushing, for each interdental space: Once in and out. Rinse your brush. Move on to the next space.
Many people notice some bleeding the first time they use interdental brushes, which indicates inflammation. Continue to use them every day. After a week, the inflammation and any bleeding should subside. If not, please ask your dentist for advice.
If you’re not sure, please also ask a dental professional to help you to work out the best sizes of interdental brush for you. If a brush is too small, it won’t clean properly while, if it’s too big, it won’t fit and it could hurt your gums.